Privacy is important. Perhaps the most fundamental right we have.
At TrueVault, we believe that if businesses have access to products that make compliance simple, then respecting consumers' data privacy becomes the sensible default — and we all benefit from that. And that’s why we build software that helps businesses comply with consumer data privacy laws.
What we’ve figured out is how to help businesses comply with complicated rules and regulations on their own without the need for them to spend tens of thousands of dollars on legal fees.
We are a Y Combinator startup based in San Francisco, and we are fanatical about building great products and making our customers successful.
Why Join TrueVault
First, you will have the opportunity to work in the most significant market opportunity of this coming decade: data privacy.
Second, our product-market fit is clear. With 540% revenue growth over the last 12 months, TrueVault works with a long list of amazing brands like Perry Ellis, Moscot, Mush, Philz Coffee, and probably your favorite brands as well.
Plus, you’ll work with a warm, welcoming, no-nonsense team of engineers, designers, and lawyers to build a product that businesses need and use every day.
If you take pride in what you do and care about the people who use what you build, you’ll love it here.
About the Role
We have a nascent but successful sales process that closes 62% of the opportunities we open. To amplify that success, we’d like to build up our demand-gen capabilities, and this is where you come in.
We are looking for someone with good go-to-market instincts to take charge of our demand-gen pipeline. You will work hand in glove with our Sales team to find opportunistic pockets of demand, cultivate and generate a pipeline, and figure out how to make the product sell itself. You have a wide dynamic range to both be comfortable at the 20,000 ft level, mapping out a battle plan and strategy and on the frontlines, executing those plans with a creative sword. You have had some success but are hungry to build something bigger from the ground up. In short, you are ready to plant your flag.
Your mindset is rooted in curiosity and backed by data-driven experimentation. You have the analytical skills to build, execute, measure, and evaluate different strategies and tactics.
You value autonomy, ownership, and growth, and no detail is too small for you.
If you’ve made it this far and found at least a slight smirk on your face in this description, we encourage you to apply to join our team.
Bringing the conversion home, you will be tasked with:
- Building a solid growth engine with sales
- Figuring out how to position and pitch our product so it sells itself
- Managing a Demand-Gen war chest that can generate multiple returns on investment
Soft skills needed to be successful
- You are autonomous and have a strong sense of ownership. As our first marketing hire, we are counting on you to both identify the problem and implement the solution
- You traverse well between being a hands-on individual contributor and being a strategic thinker
- You work well in a loosely structured environment (the first marketing hire) and can add structure around you over time (scaling up with the revenue org)
Hard skills needed to be successful
- You had two successful tours of duty building demand-gen programs for B2B SaaS companies with fast/transactional sales motion.
- You have an analytical, data-driven mindset and the curiosity to identify patterns in data.
- You have experience with hybrid inbound & outbound sales motions. At the moment, outbound is the predominant acquisition channel for TrueVault. You’ll be tasked to optimize it while adding additional channels to our arsenal.
- You have experience in a startup environment where you've built systems, not just maintained them.
What we offer
- We cover 100% health, dental, and vision insurance for your entire family (you, your spouse, and your dependents). You can preview our medical benefits here.
- Unlimited PTO (and the encouragement to use it).
- A primarily remote team. We have team members in NY, San Francisco, and everywhere in between.
- 401k and HSA
- Flex hours
Salary & Equity
$200,000 plus equity - Locations: SF/Bay Area, Seattle, Los Angeles, NYC
$185,000 plus equity - All other locales in the United States
Where will you work
Remote. TrueVault has hubs in San Francisco and New York, but you can work from anywhere in the 50 United States / DC.