Privacy is important. Perhaps the most fundamental right we have.
At TrueVault, we believe that if businesses have access to products that make compliance simple, then respecting consumers' data privacy becomes the sensible default — and we all benefit from that. And that’s why we build software that helps businesses comply with consumer data privacy laws.
What we’ve figured out is how to help businesses comply with complicated rules and regulations on their own without the need for them to spend tens of thousands of dollars on legal fees.
We are a Y Combinator startup based in San Francisco, and we are fanatical about building great products and making our customers successful.
Why Join TrueVault
Joining a startup as a Chief of Staff presents a unique and exhilarating opportunity to be at the heart of innovation and change. Imagine being the strategic right hand to the CEO, where your insights and decisions shape the future of a dynamic company.
In this role, you won't just witness growth; you'll be the architect of it, orchestrating operations, and guiding a talented team towards a shared vision. This position offers unparalleled exposure to every facet of the business, from crafting high-level strategies to executing critical projects.
It's a role that demands agility, creativity, and a relentless drive for excellence, making it the ideal learning ground for those who aspire to be a future founder. Here, every day is a new challenge to push boundaries and redefine what's possible.
About the Role
As a young and rapidly evolving startup, TrueVault is seeking a Chief of Staff who is adept at navigating the dynamic landscape of a fast-growing tech company. This role requires a mix of strategic foresight, operational agility, and hands-on execution. The Chief of Staff will be instrumental in driving key initiatives, streamlining operations, and supporting the CEO in scaling the company’s growth.
Strategic Planning and Agile Execution:
- Assist the CEO in developing and executing the company's strategic plan.
- Facilitate the alignment of long-term goals with daily operations.
- Lead special projects that are critical to the company’s success.
Communication and Team Alignment:
- Ensure seamless communication between the CEO and internal teams, fostering a culture of transparency and agility.
- Facilitate the flow of information, ensuring that key insights and decisions are communicated effectively across the organization.
Meeting and Decision Facilitation:
- Manage the CEO’s agenda to focus on strategic initiatives and high-impact activities.
- Attend meetings with or on behalf of the CEO, synthesizing information into actionable insights and follow-ups.
Operational Efficiency and Innovation:
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance efficiency in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Drive initiatives that foster innovation and operational excellence across the company.
- Play a key role in building a high-performance culture that is agile and responsive to market changes.
- Assist in guiding the team towards achieving short-term objectives while keeping an eye on long-term goals.
- Varied Professional Experience: Experience in management consulting, finance, operations, or entrepreneurial ventures.
- Strong Educational Background: Advanced degree preferred (e.g., MBA).
- Exceptional Communication Skills: Proficiency in both verbal and written communication, including negotiation and diplomacy skills.
- Strategic Thinking & Problem-Solving: Ability to set strategies, solve complex problems, and think both analytically and critically.
- High Emotional Intelligence: Skilled in understanding and managing personal emotions and empathizing with others.
- Project Management Expertise: Proven ability in leading and managing projects, teams, and delivering results effectively.
- Adaptability and Agility: Comfort with change, ability to pivot strategies and operations in a dynamic environment.
- Leadership and People Skills: Ability to inspire, manage teams, and build strong relationships.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Comfort with taking risks, responsibility, and an understanding of startup challenges.
- Understanding of the Startup Ecosystem: Knowledge of funding stages, investor relations, and the competitive landscape in startups.
What we offer
- We cover 100% health, dental, and vision insurance for your entire family (you, your spouse, and your dependents). You can preview our medical benefits here.
- Unlimited PTO (and the encouragement to use it).
- A primarily remote team. We have team members in NY, San Francisco, and everywhere in between.
- 401k and HSA
- Flex hours
Salary & Equity
- P4 Level: $141,670 plus equity
- P5 Level: $184,000 plus equity
Where will you work
Hybrid in the San Francisco Bay Area. You will meet with the CEO in our San Francisco hub at least once a week.